Friday, September 19, 2008

Week End!

After visiting two new teachers yesterday at Efland-Cheeks Elementary School in Efland, N.C. I was inspired while speaking to the NC-ACTE 26th Annual Teacher Education Forum today. Those teacher educators, after all, are responsible for preparing our future colleagues to teach. While preparing for my presentation, I asked fifty 1st, 2nd, and 3rd year teachers if they felt they were well prepared to enter their schools. There was a most resounding "Yes!" I shared some new teacher quotes with the forum participants and closed with my favorite - a second year teacher shared this: "I have nothing but high praise for them. They pushed us to be great." Thank you to our teacher educators for instilling greatness in our new teachers!




Here I am with Dr. Randy Kohlenberg, Co-Chair of the Forum Planning Committee and Dr. Debra Morris, the Wachovia North Carolina Principal of the Year (and a motivational luncheon speaker!)

Congratulations to the planning committee - "Multiple Realities: Implementing Quality in Teacher Education" was a great success!

No comments: