Monday, June 23, 2008

Smile for the Camera!


One of the first duties of the North Carolina Teacher of the Year is to be interviewed for a television show on UNC public television called "North Carolina Now." Today was my day, and I can tell you, it was quite the experience! I was first led to the "Green Room," and I thought Wow, they really have these! Next the microphone was clipped on my lapel, and a little box (I'm sure there's a more scientific name) was placed on my back under my jacket. Mitchell Lewis, News Anchor for North Carolina Now, then came in to brief me on the questions he would ask. They were all predictable - "How did you feel when you were named NC Teacher of the Year?" "How has teaching changed since you started?" Easy, right?

Well, let me tell you...no matter how easy the questions are there is something unnerving about three huge cameras pointed right at you. No matter how many times you've been asked these easy questions, those spotlights make you a little queasy.

But nine minutes later, it was over, and now I'm going through each question (and answer) in my head. Did that sound professional, I'm thinking...or Why didn't I say -----?" I guess it's up to North Carolina to decide...Wednesday, June 25th at 7:30...for all the world to see.
Submitted by...
Cindi...on the education road in NC

No comments: